Friday, May 12, 2006

Mother's Day Craft Ideas

Mother's Day Craft Ideas

This craft project will take some time to complete but would be easy for the kids to do with supervision of course.

I call this "Color Me Pretty."

Materials Needed:

white carnations (however many you want to color)
flower vase - for each carnation
food coloring
water


Fill vase 1/4 full of water.

Add approximately 10 to 20 drops of food coloring. You may need more if your vases are large.

You should trim the stem at an angle before putting it in the vase. Put a flower in each vase and let it sit for a day.

Over the course of several hours you should begin to see a change in the color of the carnation!

If after about 6-7 hours your carnation has not started changing colors then add more food coloring.

This is really fun for the kids and I have to say that even adults like this project too!

These are great alone for Mother's Day Gifts or if you are wanting to add a little something extra to your gift.

Brandi also has blogs at Brandi also has blogs on Wedding Decor and More!,Looking At Cooking Father's Day Craft Ideas, Craft Ideas, Craft Tips, Easy Kid's Craft Ideas, 4th of July Craft Ideas

Mother's Day Craft Ideas

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane Rogers said...

That's great craft for mom. I wisthat I have my mom by my side. I miss her, she's now in heaven.

Anyway, my heartiest mothers day wishes to all wonderful moms around the world.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home