Friday, May 12, 2006

Mother's Day Craft Ideas

Mother's Day Craft Ideas - Rag Doll Dress

My goodness I can't believe Mother's Day is already almost here. I've had so many things in mind as to what to make my Mom for Mother's Day and then changed my mind last Saturday.

She has an old rag doll that she has had since she was a child. For years it was under her bed and has since made its way out to the shed. I decided to take a look at the doll to see what kind of shape she's in. Well, she has a plastic face so the face is cracked in several places. Honestly, I don't know if I could hide the cracks without buying a total new face for the doll which I really don't want to do. I want it to keep its original features. So I just tried placing glue in the cracks to hopefully keep the cracks from becoming worse.

The doll has yellow hair that is just like mop strings. It's not the easiest stuff to clean but I've cleaned her hair using water and carpet shampoo and a rag. It really didn't do much. So tonight I'm going to try cleaning her hair with foam carpet cleaner. The hair is just placed directly around the edge of the doll's face so it's not like she has a full head of hair. The rest of her head is stuffed with red cloth material covering it. The rest of her body is the same way. Her hands and feet are just rounded and are red and white striped.

So here is a where a bit of craftiness comes in. I will be making the doll a dress using my dad's, my sister's, and my old clothes. I have to be honest and say that I haven't sewn much at all. But I'm not wanting the dress to be perfect. She's a rag doll so it should be a little rough around the edges. I'm just going to cut pieces from our old clothes and sew them together to create a dress.

If your Mom has an old doll that needs a little tender loving care then give it a little TLC and then give it to your Mom for Mother's Day.

Brandi also has blogs on Wedding Decor and More!,Looking At Cooking, Father's Day Craft Ideas, Craft Ideas, Craft Tips,Easy Kid's Craft Ideas, 4th of July Craft Ideas

Mother's Day Craft Ideas

3 Comments:

Blogger Rawat said...

Nice blog, Thanks for sharing such a nice Mother's day blog.

I also have Mother's day gifts idea blog, May it will be informative for you.

Mothers Gifts IdeaKeep up the great work!!!!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Modern Sport Watches said...

Hookah, Shisha, Hookahs Hookah Accessories Vases , Hookah Charcoal
hookah
charcoal
starbuzz
al fakher
hookahs
Mya Hookah
Deja Vu Tobacco
Khalil Mamoon Hookah
Layalina Hookah Tobacco
Casio Watches
Cars Speakers
Treadmills

8:43 PM  
Blogger Modern Sport Watches said...

Hookah, Shisha, Hookahs Hookah Accessories Vases , Hookah Charcoal
hookah
charcoal
starbuzz
al fakher
hookahs
Mya Hookah
Deja Vu Tobacco
Khalil Mamoon Hookah
Layalina Hookah Tobacco
Casio Watches
Cars Speakers
Treadmills

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home